Tuesday 21 February 2012

3 Projects


For this project our task was to produce an accurate 3D model of a product using Autodesk Inventor. I chose to reproduce a bottle open. To produce this product in a virtual world I first had to measure each individual part of the bottle opener and then draw each part in the programme. Using the tools available in the programme I produced each part into a 3D model as accurate as I could. Finally, I assembled the bottle open adding constraints to each part so that they would move in the right and same way as the actually product. From this 2D drawings could then be produced and given to a manufacture team to produce the product.


This project was very similar to the first, however not only did I have to reproduce a model of the guitar controller from guitar hero but I also had to produce an animation showing how the product would fit together and in which order the pieces fit together. Autodesk Inventor was again used for this project as the programme has all the tools required for this project. Once the model was assembled producing the animation was fairly straight forward as you could work backwards by taking the assembled product apart and animating it.


In my final year for my major project I created an animation of how a Lego model was put together so that the booklet would not be needed and therefore reducing the effect on the environment. To do this the animation would be available online and a code would be included with the model so that the instructions could be found online. I also chose this project to see whether having a moving visual aid helped the user construct the model and whether this improved the learning experience for the user. To produce the animation I used Autodesk 3DStudio Max.

4 comments:

  1. Dany,

    Haven't seen anything related to your personal branding. Please ensure to have uploaded something (business card and CV with previous testing and research) for next week.

    If you have any doubts please let me know so we can work in class or in the tutorial.

    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danny,

    Really surprised to have a look at the website and still not being able to find any information in your Bio.
    Also, no work related to personal branding has been uploaded in your blog.
    I suggest you to bring some images tomorrow related to your personal branding so I can check your ideas and, if possible, to help you.

    Hope to see this work tomorrow.

    See you then,
    Mariana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sorry ive been concentrating alot on my major project lately so havent uploaded any work recently. i will upload my work today. My alarm also didnt go off today so i havent got time to make it in before the end of the class.
      Apologise
      Danny

      Delete
  3. Hi Danny,

    Still waiting for your update. Be sure to do it before handing in the printed version. If you can, bring the printed version of personal branding so we can have a look together.

    Hope to see you tomorrow in class.

    ReplyDelete